Welcome to the Bouchie Lake Recreation Grounds.
These facilities are managed by volunteers of the Bouchie Lake Recreation Commission / BLRC for your enjoyment and use. The grounds and facilities are owned by the Cariboo Regional District. Improvements and maintenance are provided through taxation via the North Cariboo Recreation & Parks service function, donations, fundraising, in kind hours, and rent.
We request that you follow and respect the following rules and booking procedures.
- Only the Main Arena can be booked for exclusive use. The Warm Up Arena cannot be booked; it must always be open and available for public use.
- To check facility availability and rental rates, please check our page. Rental Rates
- The arena must be rented if you are being paid to train someone else’s horses, giving lessons, or holding a clinic or school.
- Main Arena must be booked at least 48 hours in advance by contacting the Facility Manager at 250.249.5508 or emailing mailto:email@example.com to complete booking forms and so the online calendar can be updated. There is a minimum of one hour increments for all rentals.
- For all bookings of the facilities, the following will be required:
(i) Liability Insurance,
(ii) Damage Deposit,
(iii) Rent Payment
ARENA USER RESPONSIBLITIES
- All riders ride at their own risk.
- Riders are encouraged to have insurance through BC Horse Council.
- Safety is a priority. Horses must be under control at all times. You may be asked to leave the arena if your horse is endangering the property, or other people or their horses.
- All riders agree to abide by all rules and regulations of the BLRC.
- No tying of horses in the arena at any time. Horses should only be tied to secure places – e.g. hitching posts.
- Please be courteous to other riders, watch what is going on around you and be careful. Universal riding rules indicate when meeting other riders always pass left shoulder to left shoulder. Do not monopolize arena space.
- It is the Rider’s responsibility to ensure that any horse(s) brought to the Bouchie Lake Recreation Grounds is/are free from infection, contagious or transmissible disease. The BLRC reserves the right to refuse any horse(s) not in proper health or deemed dangerous or undesirable.
- When more than 4 people are riding in the arena only one horse should be lunged at a time for a max. of 15-20 minutes.
- Please clean up after yourself and especially your horses. Pick up manure, straw, hair, garbage etc. Place manure in wheel barrow or wheel to outside North side of building on grass. Put away what you use (poles, barrels, jumps etc.) It is your responsibility.
- If coming from a distance check the online calendar on www.bouchielakerec.ca to check if arena is booked to avoid disappointment or making the trip when the arena is booked.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to the time you have booked if you wish to have your booking fee refunded.
- Motorised vehicles, unless approved, are prohibited to enter the arena at any time.
- No dogs off leash anytime unless arena is booked by dog owner. Dog must be under control and not be running at large.
- Smoking is limited to designated smoking areas.
DO NOT LEAVE HORSE UNATTENDED IN ARENA AT ANY TIME.